Friday, April 19, 2013

Dirty Trick

This is the story I wrote from the Vanguard Writing Class prompt, "The Hole Waist Deep." I wrote it with a beat, sort of like a poem, but with little rhyming. Enjoy! :)

Dirty Trick
By Jemison Stripes

My sister told me to dig a hole, she said I'd get to China.
So I started out, just my shovel and I, and my dog decided to join me.
Dig--dig--dig! I thought to myself. Digging and digging to China! 
My curly blond hair became a big mess as the dirt flew all around.
My dog became spotted with brown mushy mud. Quickly my skin was turned dark.
I was proud of myself as I kept going down. Deeper and deeper I got.
'Til fin'ly I felt I couldn't get out, but I didn't care, no way!
Determined to make it to China one day, I shoveled more and more.
Then suddenly, the sun went out! I didn't know what to do.
Until my mom's voice came from above, shouting angrily, too.
"Cooper Matthew Davis, what on earth have you done to the yard?!"
That's how my adventure ended, my mom scrubbing dirt from my hair.
I knew then that I had been tricked. My sister would get it someday!

The End!

-Jemison Stripes

1 comment: